From the lantern room. . .seeing that beam of light reaching out to the sea and the startling reflection of the newly risen moon. . .puts everything in perspective.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hail to the Redskins!!!

On a this cold, rainy afternoon the Redskins hosted the Dallas Cowboys, their long-time rival at home - FedEx Field. This was it!! We win and we go to the Playoffs. It was a miserable afternoon and I was tempted to stay home where it was warm and dry and I could see the plays and hear the announcer. But I do remember all those years before season tickets where I would do almost anything to get a ticket to this game - but rarely got one. So because it was the Cowboys game, I put on everything I had to stay warm and dry and ended up looking like the Michelin tire man!!! What can I say other than it was definitely worth it! It was one of the best games I had seen and certainly the Redskins played better than they had all year -- holding Dallas to just one yard rushing. The defense was truly awesome! I didn't sit down at all during the game - it was so exciting!! Lots of noise, lots of yelling and lots of disappointed Cowboy fans. If we lost, we could still go to the playoffs if the Saints and the Vikings also lost. But no fan wanted to go in by the backdoor -- we wanted to go in right! Throughout the game, the scores of other games being played are posted -- all but the Saints and the Vikings -- Coach Joe Gibbs did not want to know until this game was over. As it turned out they both lost. The important score -- the Redskins beat Dallas 27-6 and are headed to Seattle for the Wildcard game on Saturday, January 5. If we win (oops -- when we win) we will face Dallas the following week in Dallas. Surprisingly, I stayed warm and dry, but I will admit I was so excited I doubt I would have noticed otherwise.

No comments: