From the lantern room. . .seeing that beam of light reaching out to the sea and the startling reflection of the newly risen moon. . .puts everything in perspective.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Health Update

The last two blood tests have remained the same which is encouraging, but I still have kidneys only functioning at 20-25%. I am on my way to annual conference and know it will be difficult with hotel food, etc., but I will do it! Not only do I have to virtually eliminate all sodium from my diet -- but potassium and phosphors as well. It is just a matter of making my kidneys work overtime to eliminate these minerals from my body. So if I put fewer of those minerals in -- the less they have to work to do their job and the longer they might continue working. Anybody outthere have an extra kidney to spare?

1 comment:

mad4books said...

Oh, Linda...I'm not a math person, in general, but I'm ESPECIALLY OPPOSED TO the numbers you've been posting lately.

29 staff members down to 9?

50% kidney function...then 35%...then 30%...and now 20-25%?!?!

A 92% budget decrease? (Is that even possible? I've never heard of such a thing!)

Numbers are just NOT your friends right now!

So here's a previously-unmentioned number I want you to consider...ONE! YOU!

Please, please, PLEASE take the time to focus on yourself. I'm worried that you will try to do everything you've always done (personally & professionally) AND try to pick up the slack that this blood-letting will most certainly leave.

Do what you can while "on the clock"...and spend the rest of the time reading, working out, selecting the freshest greens at the market, petting/walking dogs, finding recipes that are low in sugar and sodium that actually taste good, doing all the things you LOVE to do...and spoiling yourself rotten.

Rotten. Seriously rotten.

Please keep us posted on the health front. (You will be in my prayers tonight...after I get home from a 4th of July party and fireworks!)