From the lantern room. . .seeing that beam of light reaching out to the sea and the startling reflection of the newly risen moon. . .puts everything in perspective.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Thank You!

I have been away from my blog for longer than I realized -- too busy writing articles, speeches and flying around the country, campaigning. It was all worth it, I met a lot of great people I wouldn't have otherwise, I had a lot of fun, and I also learned a lot! But you probably know the results by now -- I was not elected as the American Library Association President-elect. I only received 44.2% of the votes. There is no doubt about it -- I am disappointed -- very disappointed -- and for many reasons. But I want to thank all of you who showed your confidence in me through your votes. I really appreciate all your support! Thank you for everything you did!

No comments: