From the lantern room. . .seeing that beam of light reaching out to the sea and the startling reflection of the newly risen moon. . .puts everything in perspective.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Candidate for ALA President

I am deeply honored to announce that I am a candidate for President of the American Library Association. It is an honor to be nominated and I would work to serve the membership of ALA and all librarians. As an ALA member for 30 years I have a deep commitment to the ALA and feel I can make a significant contribution in advancing its mission and goals . My web site is under construction where my platform, complete biography and other areas will be available. For now the press release is on the ALA web site. http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=News&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=167189 Please feel free to contact me through this blog or at lwilliams@aacps.org Thank you in advance for your support and please let me know your concerns and thoughts.

No comments: